Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hail, and Welcome!

I see you've found me.  Please feel free to look around and stay awhile.

What you should know about me: I'm a 30 something, single female without children.  I work in social services, and I've actively been in recovery for 5 years.

Recovery from what, you ask?  Are you an alcoholic, did you beat cancer?  No to both.  I am a fully functioning adult who just happens to have a mental illness.

Scared yet, or perhaps intrigued?  If you choose to navigate away I won't be offended in the least.  The internet is vast and full of many people sharing their most intimate experiences in a shockingly public manner. 

I know that I have a lot to offer from the standpoint of a survivor, so that is one purpose in me starting this blog.  Recovery is a PROCESS, ever evolving and sadly, sometimes backtracking.  That is my other main motivation: when I'm having a particularly bad time it often helps me to jot it down.  I can vent with loved ones all I wish, but that doesn't necessarily exorcise the demons.

This blog is to be a safe place for me discuss my current situation and past experiences.  I will be bringing out funny and painful stories for all to see.  The emphasis will be on recovery, and sometimes that process means giving yourself permission to wallow in misery for awhile.  It is my hope that this blog will promote empathy and tolerance among the public, provide hope for all those who suffer from mental illness, and solace for those with loved ones with MI.

Everyone's journey is unique, and no more valid than the travels of another.  So come in.  Laugh, cry, learn something.  I can't promise I'll always entertain, but I won't shy from the truth.

So Hail, and Welcome!  Stay if you will, go if you must.


No comments:

Post a Comment