Followers

Friday, February 24, 2012

smart dog. annoying, but smart

Yesterday I didn't have to be up at any set time.  I went to bed at a reasonable hour and let myself sleep until I naturally work.  I probably got close to ten hours sleep.  It was HEAVENLY.

So I got up to let out J, my dog, and feed her.  The weather looked promising (turned out to be a lovely day), so I left the door to the back door open for her.  That way she could go in and out as she pleased.  I did that a lot later in the fall last year when the bugs were no longer an issue.  She would go outside for a bit to enjoy the weather, come inside to check on me, then head back out for another 20ish minutes.

As much as she loves being outside, she gets persnickety sometimes about not willing to be out there without me.  Yesterday morning was one of those days. 

Feeling deliciously relaxed, I decided to go back to bed.  I left the door open for J.  Instead of every 20-30 minutes, she was coming back in every 2-3 minutes.  I could hear her 'click click clicking' on the tile.  Down the hall into our room and back.  I finally sat up and said "In or OUT, make up your mind!"

She just looked at me in the way only she can do.  Almost like a mother scolding.  Seeming to say, "you really SHOULD be up.  and you should ALSO be outside playing with me."  In many ways, this being is smarter than I.  She knew exactly what she was doing.

So I got up, shut the door,

and went back to bed.  She settled on her cushion with a petulant sigh, and I got 90 more minutes of quality rest.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment