Followers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Kinda Person!!!!


Today's post is a blast from the past-- January of 2009 to be specific.  I found this old entry a few weeks ago, and pulling out this happy memory helps me smile.  It tells the tale of a positive experience I had out in public with J.


Here's a little vignette that occurred last week. Maybe you'll appreciate it as much as I enjoyed the experience.

I'm in one of those modes--being winter and all--that I really need to LEAVE the house to get much of anything accomplished.  Case in point--- I have a LOT of writing and intentional energy work to do, but if I don't GO somewhere to sit and work, it's not happening.

So last Thursday night J and I went out to Uncle Bill's, a local 24-hour pancake place.  They've been in business FOREVER and are only 3 miles from our apartment.  I really like the atmosphere there. Anyway, we walk in around 11:30 and the on-duty waitress was up at the front.

I said, "one two-leg and one-four leg please."

Without pause she asked, "and do you, or does the dog, smoke?"

WOW!

She was so good and so fast, it took me a moment to respond.  Talk about a sense of humor.  She was a delight.  We chatted a bit through her shift.  But seriously, MY kind of gal.  I wish her all the best and hope to be lucky enough to find more folks like her in the coming weeks.


It was so LOVELY to go into a restaurant and NOT be questioned about J that night.  She was fully dressed in service dog regalia per always, and that was all the waitress needed to see or know.  She didn't ask any rude or inappropriate questions-- SCORE!!!  She even inquired if J needed water, and we went back regularly to Uncle Bill's when we lived in that part of town.  Interestingly, sometimes it's the mom and pop establishments that are more accommodating.  Maybe they know the law better, or maybe they're just NICER.  Word of mouth keeps them in business, after all.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment